Hi, 88












Dash Decker vs Sasha Savvin (88wrestling)

If you need your ass kicked, you can do worse than having Dash Decker at your service. Decker, dubbed The Chosen One,  appears in 88wrestling's first release, dwarfing lightweight challenger Sasha Savvin, dubbed The Showoff, who's new to me. 88 opened for business yesterday, and if I wasn't first in line with PayPal in hand at five in the morning, I was close behind. The setting is stark - a professional size ring in a large, soulless, and otherwise vacant room. There's not a lot to see except for wrestling and ring ropes, but then wrestling is exactly what I'm here for.

There's Decker, of course, looking even fresher than I remember him at Rock Hard. The man is wholesomeness personified, flashing his milky white teeth and looking for all the world like a Mormon Hercules. But the Pepsodent smile doesn't fool me. Decker likes to bust other guys up, and he's got a gift for doing it with a certain degree of style. Savvin is a blank slate to me, as is 88 itself, but his limited advantages against a strongman like Dash appear to be speed and a willingness to go for the low blow.

The 22-minute match goes for two rounds, and I probably don't need to tell anybody what that probably means. Hint: Did I mention that Savvin is giving up 55 pounds against Decker? Sasha shows off  his stuff when he gets a tiny hope spot in Round 1, backing Dash to the corner for some pummeling, twice, before getting excessively repaid. He makes a better show for himself in Round 2 when he Pearl-Harbors the preening big guy from behind with a sharp forearm smash to the nards - and Decker's nuts remain fair game for the next several minutes. Of course, what guys like Sasha often forget is that they have testicles too, just as vulnerable and sensitive to pain as the ones just smashed.

I want more close-ups. I want Dash to fight another 200-pounder. But I like what I see enough that I'll be back window-shopping soon. Decker sweats a little in Round 2, which suggests that a little pushback is as good for the man's appearance as for the drama of the contest. Sasha shows a lot of promise. I like the Showoff gimmick, and I think that smirk of his could soon be a big draw for 88.

The 88 site is easy to navigate; its two available downloads are reasonably priced and hint at aspirations to produce content different from what is common at other sites. So far it boasts only seven wrestlers on its roster, four of whom, like Sasha, are new finds. Decker, Austin Cooper, and Tanner Hill should be familiar names to fans of underground wrestling. I'm excited to see where 88 goes next. A new venture offers limitless possibilities. This one just might, as MuscleBoy Wrestling seems to be doing, push underground wrestling to its next logical level!


Visit 88wrestling here.

Comments

  1. Do we now have a clue why RHW has been having no new releases?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be, Dale. I have no inside information.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I want RHW to get back to producing more wrestling bouts. They always had the hottest looking wrestlers, although I would prefer rougher and more brutal matches. Just let them wrestlers tear into each other and not follow a script.

      Delete
  2. Any idea why it is called "88" wrestling. 88 whats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the third picture above, you can see a small sign for 88 St Gym. That's all I got, but my best Google-guess is the name refers to a gym in Miami.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, wrestling Dash Decker would be awesome anytime.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more